Part-time Maintenance Loan

Change of circumstance

If a student’s details change after they’ve applied for student finance, it’s simple to update them.

Before the start of their course, they can use their online account to make changes to:

  • their choice of course
  • their choice of university or college
  • the amount of loan they’re applying for
  • their personal details
  • their term-time living location

After their course has started, they can still use their online account to change their personal details. But if there are any changes to their course, they’ll need to let their university or college know so they can tell us.

If a change to their details means they’ve been paid too much, they’ll need to repay any money they weren’t entitled to. They might have to repay this sooner than the rest of their balance.