Full-time Travel Grants for students studying abroad or on a work placement


The student must be studying a full-time higher education course and be getting student finance that depends on their household income.

If they’re studying abroad

They must be attending a university abroad for at least half of each academic term. This can be an essential or optional part of their course.


They can also get a travel grant if they’re on:

Students cannot apply for more than one of these grants to cover the same expenses.

If they’re doing a clinical placement in the UK

The placement must be an essential part of their medical or dental course.

Students won’t get a travel grant if they’re eligible for income-assessed bursaries or awards from the Department of Health