Skip to main content

Full-time Childcare Grant


To qualify for Childcare Grant the following must apply:

  • the student is studying a full-time undergraduate, Initial Teacher Training (ITT) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) course
  • their child is under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs
  • they're eligible for undergraduate student finance based on their household income
  • they’re a permanent resident in England
  • the children are financially dependent on the student
  • their childcare provider is on the Ofsted Early Years Register or General Childcare Register - they should confirm this with their provider
  • if their child is cared for at home, the carer can’t be a relative and must be registered with an appropriate body - check with Student Finance England
  • they or their partner are not claiming the childcare element of Working Tax Credits or the childcare element of Universal Credit
  • they or their partner are not claiming the HMRC tax free childcare or NHS funded childcare grants