The maximum Adult Dependants’ Grant is
- £2,925 for the 2018 to 2019 academic year
- £2,834 for the 2017 to 2018 academic year
This doesn’t need to be paid back, unless they leave their course early.
Adult Dependants’ Grant will affect any income-related benefits and tax credits they might get.
How Dependants' Grants are calculated
We've created a factsheet to explain how Dependants' Grants are calculated (PDF - 730 KB).
What it’s based on
The amount students can get depends on:
- their income
- their adult dependant’s income
- their personal circumstances, for example if they’re married or have children
- what other grants they’re receiving, for example Childcare Grant
How it’s paid
We’ll send the student a letter to confirm what they’ll get and when they’ll get it. It’s paid into their bank account in three instalments, usually at the same time as any other student finance they get.