Full-time Adult Dependants’ Grant


To qualify for Adult Dependants’ Grant the student must:

  • be studying an eligible full-time undergraduate or Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
  • have applied for, or be getting funding from Student Finance England that’s based on their household income
  • be a permanent resident in England

Usually the adult dependant will be their husband, wife, partner or civil partner, but we may consider some circumstances where another adult is financially dependent on them.

If they’re under 25, the adult dependant can’t be their partner unless they’re married or in a civil partnership.

They won’t be eligible if the adult dependant is:

  • their child
  • earns more than £3,796 a year
  • getting student finance

Students can only get one Adult Dependants’ Grant, even if they have more than one adult dependant.