Publication date: 15 July 2020
The higher education student finance arrangements for the 2021 to 2022 academic year have now been announced by the government in a written statement in Parliament.
The HE student finance arrangements for 2021 to 2022 are:
• Maximum fee limits and fee loans for full-time, full-time accelerated and part-time
undergraduate courses in 2021 to 2022 remain at 2020 to 2021 levels.
• An increase in maximum loans for living costs of 3.1% for full-time and part-time
undergraduate students for 2021 to 2022.
• An increase in maximum dependants’ grants for full-time undergraduate students
with adult and child dependants of 3.1% for 2021 to 2022.
• An increase in maximum loans for new students starting postgraduate Master’s
degree and Doctoral degree courses of 3.1% for 2021 to 2022.
• A single Disabled Students’ Allowance of up to £25,000 is being introduced for new
and continuing full-time and part time undergraduate students in 2021 to 2022.
• The maximum Disabled Students’ Allowance for postgraduate students will be
increased to £25,000 in 2021 to 2022.