By accessing this website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full you must leave the website immediately and may not make any further use of the website.
Student Loans Company (SLC) will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions through your use of our site. Where a breach has occurred we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
If you have any questions about the content or operation of this website then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the payment, repayment of student loans or any of the other products administered by SLC please refer to the appropriate part of this website or refer to the website applicable to that product.
- Company details
- Prohibited uses
- Data protection and privacy
- Linking policy
- Applicable and law jurisdiction
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Content standards
This website is operated by SLC. SLC is wholly owned by the UK Government and operates within the policy context set by the UK Government, the Scottish Ministers and the legislative framework.
Registered office of the Student Loans Company:
21 St. Thomas Street, Bristol BS1 6JS.
Registered in England No. 2401034.
VAT registration number. 556 4352 32
Details of SLC's functions are set out on the company's website.
SLC has offices at:
Student Loans Company Limited
100 Bothwell Street
Student Loans Company Limited
11 Carnegie Road
Llandudno Junction office
Student Finance Wales
Welsh Government Office
Student Loans Company Limited
The Memphis Building
You may only use our site for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site :
- In any way which breaches or is likely to breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose, intention or effect.
- To send or upload any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material which contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to attempt to use excessive bandwidth that could constitute a device of service attack.
This website and associated content is strictly © Copyright of the Student Loans Company. All rights are reserved.
All intellectual property and copyright in the design and layout of this website and the material and information published on its pages are vested in SLC. You may not copy any part of the site or do any other act in relation to any part of the site that is prohibited by copyright other than the following:-
a) you may print or download to a local hard disk any page for your personal and non-commercial use only;
b) in material issued to third parties you may quote from the site provided you give due accreditation to the author and to SLC.
c) note that documents or other information printed or downloaded to a local hard disk from the website automatically become 'uncontrolled' immediately the moment they are printed or downloaded. The only 'controlled' (i.e. 'current') versions are those on the website.
Permission to use or reproduce any of this material in any manner other than as listed above should be directed to SLC. You must not modify the paper copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded unless you have been authorised to do so by SLC albeit you may make annotations or notes on paper copies you have printed off for your own personal use.
Certain links in this website will lead to websites that are not under the control of SLC. When you activate these you will leave this website. SLC has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any website which is not under the control of SLC. SLC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SLC of the site.
You may link to our website, providing you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to establish any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, SLC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.
To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall SLC be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits and consequential losses), arising directly or indirectly from your use of, or inability to use, this site or any of the material contained in it and SLC expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
SLC is not liable for the contents, reliability or availability of any external internet sites listed, nor does it necessarily endorse any views or services mentioned within them. SLC has no control over the Internet and takes no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through this website. SLC do not guarantee that this website, or any part of it, will be available for access at any particular time or times.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password and/or secret question which enables you to access certain parts of our site you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share this login and/or password with anyone.
You agree to indemnify and to keep SLC indemnified for and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered by SLC arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the website.
These Terms and Conditions are governed and will be interpreted in accordance with the Scottish Courts. The Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which might arise out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions although we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or other relevant country.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting revisions on the site, in each case with effect from the dale on which the amendment is posted on the website. You should check the website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions. Your continued use of the website will be deemed to indicate your acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information you submit to us. All personal information you provide is transferred via a secured connection. This is completed under 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket layer) encryption, which is a leading security standard for the transmission of data within the e-services industry.
We do not conduct any long-term tracking your visits to our site with cookies and you can always delete your cookies when you are deleting your temporary internet files. However, you should note that this will affect all sites that have provided cookies, not just ours. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. It should be noted that our website will not work without cookies.
We will process, use and disclose information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in the following ways:
- To help provide services to you.
- To administer your participation in the Student Loans Scheme.
- Where authorised by you, to arrange for the collection of repayments made by you in relation to your Student Loans Account.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information on services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To monitor the performance of the website.
You agree that SLC can use your personal data for such purposes, unless and until you inform SLC otherwise. SLC will not supply, transmit, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party without your consent under any circumstances, except where required or permitted by law.
We have a legal obligation under the Data Protection Act to ensure that all information held and processed about you complies with the principles of the Act. To achieve this aim we need accurate information about you. Should you discover that SLC is holding personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, please notify SLC as soon as possible. SLC will then correct its records, and notify third parties to whom such personal data may have been supplied in accordance with this policy.
Under the terms of the Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, upon payment of the appropriate fee. If you wish to obtain a copy, please write to the Customer Assistance team at 100 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, G2 7JD enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 and mark your letter "Subject Access Request".
These content standards apply to all information which you provide to us ("information"). You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. These standards apply to all information you provide to us, in whole or in part.
- Be true and accurate in all respects.
- Comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which it is posted.
Information must not:
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) credit card fraud, copyright infringement or computer misuse.