The Student Finance England Practitioners’ website has been developed specifically for those working in the education sector. This site gives information about the products and services available to prospective or in-study students based in England across further, higher or postgraduate level education.
On this site you’ll find:
- information about the products and services we offer
- the supporting materials we create to help you and the students you advise
- links to student finance policy documents for current and previous academic years
- contact information to help answer specific or complex questions
- the latest news, updates and articles to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in student finance
Due to the number of potential circumstances that can apply to individual students we can’t provide detailed explanations for each on this site. If you’re faced with a complex question about a student’s eligibility you should contact us directly.
Students should be directed towards www.gov.uk/studentfinance or our Student Finance Zone on www.thestudentroom.co.uk to find out more about the products and services offered by Student Finance England.
Get in touch
Student finance practitioners’ can contact us by phone for help, information and support.
Student Finance England
Student Finance England (SFE) is a partnership between the Department for Education & Student Loans Company to provide financial support for students entering further, higher and postgraduate education in the United Kingdom, on behalf of the UK government.
We offer financial support to students and learners during their studies including loans, grants and bursaries.
There's also additional funding available for eligible students with special circumstances, including:
- students with children or adult dependants
- students with a disability or additional needs
- students with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia
Student Loans Company
Student Loans Company (SLC) is a not-for-profit, government-owned, organisation set up in 1989 to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK. SLC works with:
- Student Finance England (SFE)
- Student Finance Wales (SFW)
- the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
- the Education Authority in Northern Ireland (SFni)
- Higher Education institutions
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
to provide student support in the UK.
Students studying in England apply through Student Finance England, however if they are required to repay any student finance they’ll make repayments to Student Loans Company.
You can find out more about Student Loans Company at www.slc.co.uk
You can find out more about repayment at www.slc.co.uk/repayment